In 2019, POWJH recognized that nearly every other mountain town resort community, except Jackson Hole, had a long-term wastewater plan to address treatment needs as the number of visitors and residents increased. POWJH appealed to our donors to help fund a comprehensive wastewater plan for Teton County, WY.
Since funding approval, progress made on the planning effort includes:
• POWJH and Teton County agreed to expand the scope of the planning effort to include comprehensive water quality planning addressing additional water quality issues such as stormwater runoff, sedimentation, and E. coli.
• Teton County included $500,000 in the FY2022 budget to fund the expanded planning effort.
• On July 7, 2021, in cooperation with POWJH, Teton County released a Request for Qualifications to secure the services of a water quality consultant to lead the water quality planning effort.
• A mandatory pre-proposal meeting was held on July 29, 2021, with proposals due on August 6, 2021.
• The selection committee, comprised of Town, County, Teton Conservation District, and Protect Our Water JH staff, will evaluate the proposals, conduct interviews, and prepare a recommendation of Notice of Award for the September 7, 2021 meeting of the Board of County Commissioners.