PROTECT OUR WATER JACKSON HOLE –
Director of Philanthropy
• Full-Time Exempt with benefits
• Reports to Executive Director
The Director of Philanthropy (Director) is a member of the leadership team reporting to the Executive Director (ED). The Director is responsible for creating and energizing a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization. The Director is responsible for leading and administering all fundraising initiatives. The Director will build relationships with current and prospective donors, work with board members, the ED, and the communications team to deliver annual philanthropic goals and to meet the fundraising objectives. The Director will be responsible (working with ED & communications team) for developing all forms of donor communication, including newsletters, individual donor communications, and social media. The Director will utilize database skills to provide insight and recommendations to the ED and the Board of Directors to enhance fundraising success.
• Develop and execute a comprehensive data-driven and relationship-centered fundraising program that includes specific fundraising goals and targets, focusing on the acquisition of leadership gifts from high-level prospects and donors with the capacity to make gifts of $10,000+ annually.
• Create and serve as the primary relationship manager of a 75-100-person portfolio of major donors and prospects, including leading the process of identifying/qualifying prospective donors, developing thoughtful donor strategies, building positive rapport, and directly soliciting and stewarding leadership gifts of $10,000+, including planned gifts, from individual donors.
• Lead the preparation of other key solicitors for solicitation or stewardship meetings, including preparing appropriate briefing materials in advance of meetings. Create an annual development strategic plan that increases organizational sustainability and ensures year-round individualized cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors through meaningful and personalized donor contacts. Oversee production of reports to senior leadership and board on progress toward goals.
• Achieve annual general fund development goals as approved by the board. The annual target is $1,350,000.
• Develop and implement a strategy for achieving a $2 million capacity campaign beginning in the second quarter of 2023.
• Coordinate with the Development Committee to design and implement a development strategy to meet our philanthropic goals.
• Initiate meetings with potential donors, developing ongoing relationships to turn them into sustaining donors.
• Deepening relationships with existing donors through one-on-one meetings, events, social settings, board engagement, and ongoing communications to deliver on annual and capital campaign fundraising goals.
• Activating board members and the ED to execute fundraising plans.
• Coordinate with the ED and communications team to develop scripts to guide donor meetings.
• Follow-up on donor’s verbal or written pledges, engaging board members or the ED as needed.
• Developing donor recognition strategies with the Development Committee.
• Attend all POWJH events and designated donor meetings.
• Developing, in coordination with ED and communications team, materials supportive of ongoing relationships with donors, including annual giving requests, timely thank you letters, POWJH donor event announcements and invitations, and donor newsletters.
• Supporting the communications team in developing content needed to participate in Old Bill’s fundraising event, the annual report, and campaign materials.
• Providing recommendations and content for social media (website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to the communications team that enhances donor engagement.
• Managing donor database (Bloomerang) to support fundraising goals. Commitment to keeping the database current is required.
• Utilizing capabilities of customer relationship management software to develop funding reports and strengthen fundraising.
• Supporting the ED in cultivating relationships with foundations, NGOs, and government funding entities. Assist in preparing grant applications, progress reports, and final grant reports.
Establishing, tracking progress toward, and delivering annual development goals
• Assist the ED and board members in establishing annual development goals, tactics to achieve those goals, and tracking monthly progress.
• Serve as staff for Development Committee. Develop proposals, set meeting schedules, publish minutes, and communicate with committee members.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Have graduated with a Bachelor of Arts, Science, or equivalent degree.
• Worked for 7+ years in development for a nonprofit with responsibility for fundraising and demonstrated fundraising results. Sales experience is a plus.
• Demonstrate the ability to work with a wide variety of people and personalities. The position will have significant interaction with board members, existing and potential donors, communication/creative professionals, and staff from other environmental nonprofits in the valley.
• Value confidentiality as the position is focused on donor relationships. Professionalism and discretion are required.
• Show exemplary and responsive customer service with internal and external interactions.
• Have strong collaboration skills and willingness to help in any area needed, as we are a small, dedicated team.
• Be passionate about water quality restoration and protection of Teton County water resources.
• Have attention to detail while at the same time not losing sight of big-picture solutions.
• Have competency with technology, including Google platforms, Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Have public speaking, written, and oral communication skills.
• Be a motivated self-starter able to work independently to execute their while collaborating with other organizations with the ability to demonstrate initiative and a positive attitude.
• Be a team player with a good sense of humor!
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
• POWJH offers a competitive benefits package, including paid time off, and health and dental insurance.
Send a letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com
Subject: Director of Philanthropy job application
Position open until filled.
Click the link below to download the job posting:
Director of Philanthropy Job Description – February 2023