THANK YOU FOR JOINING US
AT THE RALLY!
Thursday, September 8, 2022
FREE Community Event: Rally for Clean Water
Where: Center for the Arts
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Ric Hauer
Our Keynote speaker, Dr. F. Richard (Ric) Hauer will share his knowledgeable and powerful message about the importance of protecting water quality in gravel-bed river ecosystems, like the Snake River, from the effects caused by human impacts. Ric is the lead scientist of the research team on a recently published study about “Invisible Rivers” and preserving water quality in gravel-bed floodplains that support our entire ecosystem. Learn more about the research: powjh.org/snakeriver
F. Richard (Ric) Hauer, is Professor Emeritus of Stream Ecology at the Flathead Lake Biological Station, University of Montana. He recently was the Director of the University of Montana’s Center for Integrated Research on the Environment (CIRE). You can read his (Hauer et al) recently published study, “Gravel-bed river floodplains are the ecological nexus of glaciated mountain landscapes” here.
Recorded Livestream Feed
Join the Rally for Clean Water! This FREE event will be an opportunity to bring the community together to raise awareness, discuss solutions, and inspire action for the water quality issues facing Teton County. There will be fun and interactive exhibits for the whole family!
For long-term water protection, we need broad awareness and cooperation amongst individuals, businesses, elected officials, and visitors. It’s difficult to believe that things are happening here to degrade our water quality in this incredible place that we thought could never happen. This event will share science-based information about the state of our water and our urgent need for local clean water initiatives.
The good news is that this is a solvable problem! It may seem daunting, but we are not powerless. We can reduce the pressure on our water resources – but it will take a concerted effort by our whole community. Join us at our Rally for Clean Water! We will provide solutions that each of us can accomplish at a personal level. Together, we can create very impactful changes.
You can learn about opportunities to prepare – not react, to water quality issues affecting our drinking water, streams, and rivers. Learn how climate changes will impact our waterways. If we focus on the future, Jackson Hole, as a headwaters community, could become a shining example of forward-thinking water quality solutions.
- Food trucks | 4:00–7:30 pm
- Spoons Curbside Bistro
- Street Tacos
- Jackson Hole Pop
- Interactive Lawn Exhibits | 4:00–6:30 pm
- Aquatic Insect Station
- WildWalls augmented reality animation Digital Scavenger Hunt (Download the Artivive phone app before you come!)
- POWJH Swag – Hats, Sun Shirts, Dry Bags and More!
- Face Painting by Emily Boespflug | 4:30–6:30 pm
- Lobby Exhibits | 4:00–9:00 pm
- “A Walk through our Watershed” Display
- Educational Videos: Our Water Quality Issues + Solutions
- “Why Do You NOT Want to Drink This Water?” Exhibit
- Take Action! Postcard Writing Table
- Podcast Station – Abbie Bullington’s “Living With Jackson’s Contaminated Waterways”
- WildWalls Water Quality Virtual Mural Tour Video in the Theater | 4:00–7:00 pm
- Theatre — Presentations + Livestream | 7:00 pm
- Meghan Quinn – Executive Director, Protect Our Water JH: “The State of Water in Teton County”
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Ric Hauer
- Announcement of Raffle winners
- Raffle – Thanks to our generous sponsors!
(Enter to Win at the event, but you don’t need to be present to win!)
- Orvis Private guided Fly-fishing Trip on Spring Creek in Etna, WY with Perk Perkins, former CEO of Orvis
- Orvis 9’ 5 weight Helios and Mirage Lt reel with line
- Jackosn Hole Whitewater trip for 8 + Rendezvous River Sports 55-qt Canyon Bear-proof Cooler + Snake River Brewing 24-pack of beer (please recreate responsibly)
- One-night stay + dinner for two at The Wort Hotel
- Medicine Wheel Wellness — Two! 5-packs of group classes
- Fine Dining Restaurant Group dinner for two
- Mangelsen Images of Nature Book: The Last Great Wild Spaces
- Stio hats, buff, and, water bottle
- Healthy Being Juicery $50 Gift Card
Thank you to our Generous Sponsors
- First Interstate Bank
- Jackson Hole Whitewater
- Rendezvous River Sports
- Hughes Production
- JD High Country Outfitters
- The Wort Hotel
- Medicine Wheel Wellness
- Fine Dining Restaurant Group
- Snake River Brewing Co.
- Mangelsen Images of Nature Gallery
- Healthy Being Juicery